Hardscapes in Greenwood
At Kadey's Yard Workz, we believe that the hardscapes in your landscaping design are just as important as the living, softscape elements. Although the shrubs, flowers and lawn soften the edges and make outdoor spaces in Greenwood more enjoyable, the hardscapes think patios, walls and fences are what turn your yard into a functional place to entertain and relax. In addition, the visual appeal of the materials used can’t be beat when it comes to naturalistic textures and colors. Here are some of the facets we can help you with when you partner with Kadey's Yard Workz for your hardscaping needs.
Hardscaping Features Greenwood
Interspersed with living plants, furniture and decorative elements, hardscaping lends practicality to an otherwise unstructured space. It’s nice to explore a well-landscaped yard, but without paths and privacy features, it can be difficult for you to enjoy exterior areas for long periods. These are some of the vital aspects that turn your yard from a OK space into an ideal place to relax in while surrounded by nature:
- Paved areas: These can be patios or decks, driveways or walking paths. Hardscapes offer a subtle yet clear indication where feet are allowed to tread.
- Walls: Either decorative or functional, walls are important for delineating space. Many are also structural, such as retaining walls that corral the natural landscape.
- Water features: Most of these decorative features include rocks and other stone work and can be the centerpiece of your landscape.
- Stairways: Steps grant you safer access to all corners of your yard or outdoor space.
- Fences: They make good neighbors while granting privacy for you and your guests as well.
- Pergolas: These attractive structures offer a protected architectural place to enjoy the sun.
Hardscaping Materials that Beautify Your Outdoor Space
The colors and textures found in hardscaping materials and stone work add a level of beauty to any Greenwood yard, no matter which ones you choose to incorporate into the design. Consider these materials when planning your next project:
- Concrete: Current techniques in stamping and staining elevate this grey staple into a resource for high design.
- Wood: Available in myriad colors and grains, wood is a top choice if you appreciate naturalistic elements. In addition, it can be treated to last for decades despite weather exposure.
- Brick: Masonry of all kinds can be pressed into service as intricate patio pavers, seating, walls or other essential yard components.
- Stone: Slate tiles, decorative boulders or cozy rock fire pits all fit nicely into an ideal landscape design. Outdoor kitchens can benefit from the durability of quartz countertops.
- Metal: From wrought iron gates to modernist benches, the shimmer of metal brings elegance to any outdoor space. When you picture a beautiful yard in your mind, chances are that metal elements are part of the vision.
Start Your Project Today
Our staff at Kadey's Yard Workz is ready to help you get started on your hardscaping projects. From traditional wooden decks to slate tile patios, we can help you envision the possibilities and then see the project through to the end. Give us a call today and learn more about transforming your yard into the outdoor oasis of your dreams.